Serving Size is about 2 cups.
Calories 149, Protein 15g, Total Fat 3g, Carbohydrates 18g, Fiber 3g.
- 12 Ounces of Beef Sirloin, or Other Boneless Steak, About 1-inch Thick, Trimmed
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Lime Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar
- 1 Clove Garlic, Grated or Minced
- 1/2-1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Medium-Large Firm Ripe Melon
- 1 Small Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Small Red Bell Pepper
- 6 Cups Lightly Packed Torn Boston Lettuce, (about 1 head)
- 1/2 Cup Slivered Red Onion
- 1/2 Cup Thin Cucumber Slices, Halved
- 1/2 Cup Lightly Packed Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Lightly Packed Torn Fresh Mint Leaves
- Preheat grill to Medium.
- Sprinkle both sides of steak with salt and pepper. Grill the steak about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare and 6 minutes per side for medium. Transfer the steak to a clean cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing crosswise.
- Meanwhile, whisk lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, garlic, and crushed red pepper to taste in a small bowl. Cut melon into enough 5-inch long matchsticks to make 4 cups. (Reserve any remaining melon for another use.) Cut bell peppers into 2-inch long matchsticks. Combine the melon and peppers in a large bowl along with lettuce, onion, cucumber, cilantro, and mint.
- Add the sliced beef to the salad. Whisk the dressing, pour it over the salad and gently toss to combine.