Per Serving (1/2 cup): Calories 163, Protein 11g, Total Fat 10g, Carbs 11g
- 3 Perfect 10 Healthy Grain Bagels, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 pound lowfat turkey sausage
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 ½ teaspoons dried sage,
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1 red apple, cored and chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup Sharp Light Cheddar, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup turkey stock
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread bagel cubes in single layer on large baking sheet. Bake for about 7 minutes or until nicely toasted.
- Transfer to large bowl and set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, onions and garlic cook, stirring, for several minutes until onions are golden. Add sausage, breaking up with spoon, and cook until evenly browned. Add celery, sage, rosemary and thyme; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes to blend flavors.
- Pour sausage mixture over bread cubes.
- Mix in apple, cranberries, parsley and cheese.
- Drizzle with turkey stock and toss together lightly.
- Let cool. Spoon stuffing into turkey, loosely filling cavity.