Per Serving( about 2 Cups) : Calories 327, Protein 36g, Total Fat 5g, Carbs 33g, Fiber 5g
- 8 ounces whole-wheat egg noodles or other whole-wheat noodles
- 3 pounds bone-in chicken breast, skin removed
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups frozen peas
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool.
- Meanwhile, place chicken, onion, carrot, celery and thyme in a sealable gallon-size freezer bag. Place the cooled noodles in a separate sealable gallon-size freezer bag. Freeze both bags until ready to use. Let the bags defrost in your refrigerator for 1 day before cooking.
- Combine the chicken mixture, broth and salt in a 6-quart slow cooker (reserve the noodles). Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 8 hours. Add peas during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bones and shred into bite-size pieces. Stir the chicken into the soup along with the noodles, dill and lemon juice.
- Garnish with more dill, if desired.