Per Serving( 1/4 cup each) : Calories 86, Protein 9g, Total Fat 5g, Carbs 2g, Fiber 2g
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce, preferably Frank's RedHot
- Sliced scallions for garnish
- Combine broth, onion and jalapeño in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Place chicken on top. Cover and cook on High for 2½ hours.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and shred with 2 forks. Cover to keep warm.
- Drain the liquid from the slow cooker. Whisk cream cheese, ¼ cup blue cheese and hot sauce into the slow cooker. Cover and cook until hot, about 20 minutes.
- Stir the chicken into the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with scallions and more blue cheese, if desired.