Per Serving: Calories 378, Protein 29g, Total Fat 5g, Carbs 29g, Fiber 7g
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¾ cup whole-wheat orzo
- ⅓ cup quartered black or green olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cut each chicken breast half into 4 pieces.
- Combine the chicken, broth, tomatoes, onion, lemon zest, lemon juice, herbs de Provence, salt and pepper in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cook on High for 2 hours or on Low for 4 hours.
- Stir in orzo and olives; cook for 30 minutes more.
- Let cool slightly. Sprinkle with parsley.