Recipe makes 2 servings, one serving is 1 bell pepper.
Calories 266, Protein 29g, Total Fat 3.5g, Carbohydrates 30g.
- 2 Large Bell Peppers (any color)
- 4 Packets CarbEssentials Vegetarian Sloppy Joe
- 1/4 Cup Low-Fat Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Slice the bell peppers in half from top to bottom. Scoop out the membrane and seeds with a spoon. (Leave the stem on the peppers for two reasons- They look pretty and it keeps the filling from running out of the end. Just don't eat the stem.)
- Boil peppers until skin has softened or to desired texture. Then set aside.
- While the peppers are cooking, combine the contents of all four packets of CarbEssentials Vegetarian Sloppy Joe mix and 20 ounces of hot water in a saucepan. Stir thoroughly. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 6 to 8 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon sloppy joe mixture into the peppers. Top with a sprinkle of cheese and return to the oven for 3 to 5 minutes to until the cheese has melted.