Recipe makes 2 servings, serving size is 3 scallops.
Calories 189, Protein 23g, Total Fat 8g, Carbohydrates 7g.
- 1/3 Cup Lightly Packed Fresh Mint
- 1/4 Cup Lightly Packed Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Almonds, Toasted and Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 6 Sea Scallops (8 to 10 ounces total)
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Fresh Watercress or Spinach
- For pesto: In a food processor, combine mint, parsley, almonds, Parmesan cheese, water, lemon juice, garlic, 1/8 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper. Cover and process until nearly smooth. Set aside.
- Rinse scallops and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle scallops with the remaining salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until scallops are opaque, turning once halfway through cooking.
- Serve scallops and pesto over watercress or spinach.