Recipe makes 2 servings.
Calories 272, Protein 23g, Total Fat 10g, Carbohydrates 22g.
- 1 Pound Duck, Breast Skin Removed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt, Kosher
- 2 Teaspoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Small Shallot, Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Pomegranate Juice
- 1/4 Cup Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 2 Teaspoon Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Sprinkle duck with salt. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the duck and cook until browned on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the duck to a small baking dish and roast until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 150°F, 8 to 12 minutes for medium, depending on the size of the breast. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest 5 minutes.
- While the duck is roasting, return the pan to medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add pomegranate juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; cook until reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir broth and cornstarch in a small bowl until the cornstarch dissolves. Add to the pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- When the duck has finished resting, pour any accumulated juices into the sauce and stir to combine.
- Thinly slice the duck; serve topped with the pomegranate sauce. Garnish with parsley, if desired.