*Serving size: 1 Sandwich
Calories 400, Protein 34g, Total Fat 5g, Carbs 36g, Fiber 8g
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 12 oz ground turkey breast
- 2 cups thinly sliced kale
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 oz pre-sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 whole-wheat buns
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high.
- Add turkey; cook 6 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add kale, onion, thyme, garlic powder, and mushrooms; cook 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk together milk and flour.
- Add milk mixture to pan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in cheese, pepper, and salt.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup turkey mixture onto each bun.