Recipe makes 8 servings, one serving is 1/8 of frittata.
Calories 96, Protein 10g, Total Fat 1g, Carbohydrates 2g, Fiber 0.5g.
- 2 Teaspoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Green Onions, Trimmed and Coarsely Chopped
- 6 Egg Whites
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Tarragon or 1 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh, Minced
- 1/4 Cup Cold Water
- 2 Ounces Thinly Sliced Smoked Salmon, Cut Into 1/2 -inch Wide Pieces
- 1/2 Chopped Fresh Basil, Arugula, or Spinach (for garnish)
- Salt and Black Pepper, To Taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat heavy 8-inch oven proof saute pan over medium-heat for 1 minute. Mist bottom of pan with cooking spray. Add oil and heat 20 seconds.
- Add green onions and saute, stirring periodically, until soft; about 30 seconds.
- Whisk egg whites, eggs, tarragon, water, salt and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Pour mixture into pan and lay salmon pieces on top. Cook, stirring periodically, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to oven and cook until firm, golden, and puffed, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and gently slide frittata onto warm serving platter. Garnish with fresh basil, arugula, or spinach if desired.