Recipe makes 16 poppers, one serving is 2 poppers.
Calories 60, Protein 7g, Total Fat 2g, Net Carbs 3g.
- 1 Bag Quest Cheddar & Sour Cream Protein Chips
- 8 Jalapeno Peppers
- 6 Tablespoons Low-Fat Cream Cheese
- 2 1/2 Ounces Sharp Light Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 1 Egg White, Lightly Whisked
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice each jalapeno in half and remove seeds and membranes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together cream cheese, cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Hand crush Quest Protein Chips into crumbs and place into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Spoon cheese mixture into each jalapeno half.
- Place egg white in a bowl that's big enough to fit one of the jalapeno halves.
- Dip each jalapeno half in egg white and coat with chips.
- Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add poppers to dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.