Unlike fad diets, the OPTIFAST program has been proven effective in more than 80 clinical studies and by more than 1 million people who have participated in the program since 1974.
OPTIFAST succeeds because it treats the whole you – not just your weight. It combines support and counseling, comprehensive lifestyle education and medical monitoring with a great-tasting meal replacement to help people lose weight and significantly reduce weight-related health risks.
One study of 20,000 patients showed:
Five-year follow-up studies show that over 50% of people who complete the OPTIFAST Program keep enough weight off to improve their health long term. What’s the secret? Participants say it’s because OPTIFAST isn’t just a diet – it’s a community that provides ongoing support during and long after weight loss.
Great-Tasting Meal Replacement
The well-documented weight loss success of the OPTIFAST Program is based on the use of meal replacements during the active weight loss phase of the program.
The benefits include:
- High-quality, complete nutrition
- Pre-portioned and calorie-controlled servings
- Quick and simple preparation
- Freedom from having to make food choices
Some people are skeptical about their ability to follow such a diet, but adjusting to full meal replacement typically only takes about one week. Afterward, many patients report they feel more energetic than they have for a long time.
Positive change can occur quickly. In addition to losing weight, you will improve your health, learn new, healthier eating and activity skills so that when you return to self-prepared foods, you are better equipped to manage your weight long term.
Medically-Monitored Weight Loss
The OPTIFAST Program includes ongoing medical monitoring to assess your progress towards better health, and that the doses of any medications you are taking and/or the calorie level of your diet are adjusted as you lose weight.
Medical monitoring includes:
- A thorough preliminary medical examination and any necessary lab tests to determine your health status and rule out any risk factors.
- A personalized weight loss plan, based on your health status and weight loss goals.
- Continued guidance and medical monitoring of your progress, health, and well-being throughout the course of treatment.
- Communication with your primary care physician, as necessary.
The OPTIFAST Program has worked with the top experts in the obesity field since 1974 and regularly shares the latest developments and research with all our clinics.
Healthy, Active Living
The OPTIFAST program goes way beyond the typical diet. To help ensure your long-term success, OPTIFAST clinics provide personal support and lifestyle education throughout the program.
Some of the features include:
- One-on-one counseling sessions with a physician, registered dietitian, or lifestyle counselor.
- Small group discussions led by a health care professional.
- Peer support from current and past OPTIFAST participants.
- Educational materials created especially for OPTIFAST patients.
- Customized activity plans appropriate to your fitness level and schedule.
OPTIFAST health care professionals understand the challenges overweight individuals face as they become active. That’s why they partner with you to make the transition to healthy, active living.