Need to reinforce your energy, willpower, and overall health?
It’s not just B12!
Our B Vitamin Injection is a proprietary blend of the B vitamins that include: B12/B6/B complex and 3 lipotropics (to release fat). Dr. Powell prepares these vitamins himself in order to provide the optimum ratio of B vitamins which support most patient’s nutritional and metabolic needs.
Can I get B vitamins from a pill or my diet?
The question is – can you absorb it? There are many major and minor medical conditions that will hinder one’s ability to absorb B vitamins adequately from the gut. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Gastric Weight Loss Surgery
- Any stomach or intestinal surgery history and or gastrointestinal ailments: Gastric reflux, ulcers, Crohn’s disease, Colitis, Celiac Sprue, etc.
- Major Medical conditions: Cancer, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease, Thyroid Disorders, etc.
- Chronic Inflammatory diseases: Fibromyalgia, Chronic Myofascial pain syndrome, Chronic Fatigue, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, etc.
- Numerous Medications: Antacids, OTC Stomach acid blockers, Prilosec, Aciphex, Prevacid/Zantac, Tagamet, Pepcid, High blood pressure medicine, certain steroids and hormones and many others.
- Not all pills are created equal. The material that the vitamins are packed in as well as the quality of the container (sunlight damages/degrades the vitamins) can make a major difference in the bioavailability of the vitamins.
- For patients that are on one of our more aggressive weight management programs (Optifast, QuickStart, or JumpStart Plans). We highly recommend B vitamin injections weekly to give you optimal nutrition and metabolic rates.
Who can be on the B vitamin program?
Physician’s Plan offers the B Vitamin Injection Program to all of our patients as an additional service.
The program can be used in the following ways:
- As a stand alone program for patients that can not use appetite suppressant medications.
- As an additional service (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly) to any of our patients needing or wanting a full compliment of B vitamins delivered directly into their bloodstream via an intramuscular injection.
- Patients with a history of chronic medical conditions and/or chronic medication use, that decrease their ability to absorb adequate nutrients through their gut.
Vitamin B injections are highly recommended for patients on the Optifast, QuickStart, or JumpStart Plans.
If I get the B Vitamin injections will I suddenly lose all my weight?
No! It’s not a magic elixir!
How often should I receive B Vitamin injections?
That depends on your medical conditions and will be decided by Dr. Powell or a Nurse Practitioner.
A brief list of body systems affected:
- Immune System
- Brain System
- Nervous System
- Metabolic Pathways
Why are B vitamins so important?
The B vitamins are essential in so many body functions, including:
- Metabolism of fats and carbohydrates
- Synthesis of proteins
- Transport and storage of Folate (another B vitamin) in cells and conversion of Folate to its active form
- Very important for the rapidly dividing cells in the body (skin, hair, and bone marrow)
- Maintain immune system at optimal disease fighting capacity
- Red blood cell development
The B vitamins are used in every cell in the body that has the energy machinery called Mitochondria. These are the power units in every cell in the body that create energy. The energy cycle in these power units is called the KREB CYCLE and the B vitamins are required in every step of this cycle as cofactors or the ENGINE doesn’t work up to full power.
How do I get started?
Discuss B Vitamin injections with one of our practitioners at your next visit to see it this treatment is right for you.